DC500 - Permanent Magnet alternator based on GM's/Delco-Remy type 10Si Alternator
CLICK IMAGE FOR DETAILS
- Features a 303 Stainless Steel Shaft for ultimate corrosion protection and increased power output. The shaft also features a standard thread size of 5/8 x 18 threads per inch for easy adaptation to your project.The DC-500 model is intended for motor driven or hydro applications.Reaches 12 Volts at 1200 RPM The chart below represents actual output on a test stand. Voltage readings were recorded with the circuit open (No Load) while Amperage was recorded with the output shorted (Max Load). Your system setup will determine what output you will see in the “real world”. For example a dead battery will pull much more current similar to the shorted output reading than will a fully charged battery. Also the voltage will rise until it meets the voltage of your battery and then level off as the battery is “absorbing” the excess voltage as it charges. This unit can handle up to 10,000 RPM. The output is unregulated. You should be sure and run a 100 or 150 amp fuse on the output to prevent damage to the unit if your load becomes excessive. Also consider using a charge regulator so your batteries don’t become overcharged. On our test stand with a 12 Volt battery connected the PMA produced 120 Amps at 2000 RPM.
- This PMA unit features the following:
- Completely Brushless design eliminates the need for maintenance and reduces friction.
- Specially wound High-Output stator.
- Super Strong N40 grade Neodymium rare earth magnets are at its core to replace the inefficient electromagnetic field coil.
- Zero Cogging
- It is built using Brand New GM Delco type alternator components including NEW Stator Coils, factory balanced shafts and Rotor Pole Shoes. Replacement bearings and parts will be available for years.
- Built-in rectifier. (DC output is unregulated)
- This unit can be used in a direct drive high wind turbine, hydro-electric application, or driven with a small gasoline or diesel engine.
- Pulley and cooling fan included.
- Built to last with new bearings and a baked on clear ceramic finish that will last for years in harsh outdoor environments.
- 90 day full replacement warranty on all units (Warranty void if PMA has been opened or tampered with)
- Reaches 12 Volts output at 1200 RPM and the voltage keeps going up from there. (see chart below).
- Produces 120 Amps into a 12 Volt battery at 2000 RPM.