# 8478M-A135 Amp 6G Series Standard Duty Large Case Alternator
Note: this unit is an all China made unit, other units on this page are higher quality and US made.
Ford Motorcraft Type 6G Series High Output Alternator
The better choice is to upgrade to the USA Built Heavy Duty 6G Series Alternator
Special Note to Ford Powerstroke Diesel Owners
How often has your standard output Ford Motorcraft type 6G series alternator failed you? Tired of rebuilding your unit because of burnt out bridge rectifiers? The bridge rectifier is, after all, the most common point of failure on an alternator under load. Winches, stereos and complex electronic equipment will require more power than your standard output alternator can handle. So get rid of your under cooled 3G series alternator, or your underpowered small case 6G series alternator.
Upgrade to our heavy duty 6G series high output alternator available in 135, 160, 200 and 250 amp models. Using the newly developedQuicktifier Remote Bridge Rectifier System (click here for more information) based on technology from the Extreme Duty Dual Rectifier CS144 with over eight years of of experience in the field. We can now provide the toughest 6G series alternator with a heavy duty bridge rectifier combined with either the 210 amp or 420 amp external bridge rectifier for extra durability.
Features of The Heavy Duty 6G Series High Output Alternator
- Large fans for increased cooling and life
- Large rear bearing for smooth running
- Heavy duty options have a copper bridge rectifier
- Optional Quicktifier Dual and Triple Bridge Rectifier System attached for better durability
Don't Wait, Order Today!
Order at bottom of this page or click here. Units come in 135, 160, 200 and 250 amp options with either a standard or heavy duty bridge rectifier and voltage regulator, don't forget to select a Quicktifier option using the radio buttons near the "Add to Cart" button. Pay via Paypal or Credit Card with shipping by FedEx.
Large Case 6G Series Alternator vs Small Case
In 1999 Ford Motor Company switched from using the large case 3G alternator on the 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel to the small case 110 amp 6G series alternator. After 99 Ford no longer offered the large case alternator upgrade option for power stroke diesel equipped vehicles. Previously, to get more charging power for your 7.3, 6.0 or 6.4 diesel your options are either, dual alternators or upgrade your existing small case alternator. The problem with upgrading your existing small case alternator is that they tend to be less reliable when upgraded. Plus with an upgraded version of the small case 6G alternator you will not get extra power at lower engine speeds, all the extra power is when you rev the motor.
Quick Start now gives you a third choice with our large case 6G alternator upgrade that bolts directly into your existing 110 amp small case bracket. You can't get this large case option from you local auto parts store or Ford Dealer because Ford Motor Company did not offer the large case alternator for the Ford 7.3L, 6.0 or 6.4 PowerStroke Diesel F series truck. With the large case alternator you will see substantial improvement in idle or low speed charging power output plus the large case alternator is much more reliable at higher outputs compared to the small case unit.
Why Not Upgrade?
So if you need more charging power or your alternator is getting old and tired why not upgrade to the superior large case 6G series alternator. We have the 6G large case alternator in several amperages and duty ratings. Plus, our alternators are brand new and incorporate many original equipment Ford Motorcraft alternator components when possible. Click here to see a partial list of common vehicle applications.
110 amp small case Motorcraft 6G series alternator shown on left. 200 amp Heavy Duty Large Case 6G type alternator shown on right.
Note: The difference between the Standard Duty and Heavy Duty alternators listed below is in the amperage rating of the diodes in the bridge rectifier. Alternators make AC current, then use a Bridge Rectifier with diodes in it to convert the AC current to DC current for use by the vehicles electrical system. The Rectifier is the #1 component to fail in high power demand situations. The standard duty rectifier uses 40 and 50 amp diodes, the heavy duty rectifier uses 70 amp diodes.
Standard & Heavy Duty Single Dual and Triple Bridge Rectifiers & Voltage Regulator Ford Motorcraft Type 6G Series High Amp Alternators
To the left is the Ford Motorcraft type 6G series heavy duty, high amp alternator paired with a Quicktifier Dual Bridge Rectifier. This addition provides tremendous durability. When added to the heavy duty model 6G series high amp alternator with the upgraded voltage regulator, it creates an unstoppable charging force.
Common Vehicle Applications
The Ford Motorcraft type 6G series heavy duty, high amp alternator is used on many Ford vehicles, below is an incomplete list, please call 1-616-785-7990 to see if your vehicle requires a 6G series heavy duty high amp alternator.
- 1998-2000 Ford Contour, Mercury Mystique 2.0L
- 1998-2008 Ford Crown Victoria, Ford Crown Victoria Police, Ford Crown Victoria Natural Gas Opt., Lincoln Town Car, Lincoln Town Car Limousine, Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L
- 1998-2008 Ford Excursion, Ford F Series 4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L, 6.0L, 6.8L Gas & 6.0L, 7.3L Diesel w/ Single or Dual Alternators
- 1999-2002 Ford F650, F750, F800 Diesel Trucks
- 1999-2002 Mercury Cougar 2.0, L2.5L
- 1999-2004 Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L, 3.8L
- 2000-2002 Lincoln LS 3.0L, 3.9L
- 2000-2003 Ford Windstar 3.0L, 3.8L
- 2000-2007 Ford Focus 2.0L, 2.3L
- 2001-2002 Mazda Tribute 2.0L, 3.0L
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape 2.0L, 3.0L
- 2001-2006 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable 3.0L (OHV Engine)
- 2001-2008 Ford Ranger, Mazda Pickup 2.3L
- 2002 Ford Thunderbird 3.9L
- 2002 Lincoln Blackwood 5.4L
- 2003-2006 Ford Expedition, Lincoln Navigator 4.6L, 5.4L
- 2004-2007 Ford Freestar 3.9L, 4.2L
- 2004-2007 Mercury Monterey 4.2L
- 2004-2008 Ford E Series Van 4.6L, 5.4L, 6.0L, 6.8L & 6.0L Diesel
- 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT 5.4L 8478ma135, 8478m-a135